Posted by Jonathan Blakeslee on 28th Aug 2017
Making Quick Iced Tea with White Heron Tea Bags
As year-round iced tea lovers, many people are looking for a quick and easy way to make their iced tea. Below are recommendations for making either a quick travel mug or a half gallon of iced tea with White Heron tea bags. Here is a quick list of what you need.........
- Your favorite travel mug or 1/2 Gal Ball Jar / Heat Resistant Pitcher
- White Heron Tea Bags
- Boiling water (brewing)
- Cold water (topping up)
Iced Tea on the Go
For the average 16-18 oz travel mug, add (1) White Heron tea bag to the cup and pour 2 inches of boiling water over the bag to "jump-start" brewing. Let it brew for 3 minutes, then fill your cup 3/4 with ice, the rest with water. Give a quick stir, put the lid on and go!
1/2 Gallon Iced Tea
Add (4) White Heron tea bags to a half gallon Ball Jar or heat-resistant pitcher. Pour 2-3 inches of boiling water over the bags and let brew 3 minutes. Fill jar/pitcher half with ice, then top up with water and stir.
- We like to leave the tea bag(s) in the brewing container. Our teabags will continue to release flavor even after iced down.
- Whether brewing in a travel cup or 1/2 gallon container, you can hot brew an extra minute for more strength before icing down or just add an extra tea bag.
- If using more than one tea bag, feel free to use different flavors. The following teas mix and match rather well...Classic Black, Earl Grey, Daily Cup Green, Jasmine Green, Peppermint
- Add a sprig of mint or slice of lemon if you wish
You can find out tasty tea bags here : http://www.whiteherontea.com/tea/organic-tea-bags/